Friday, February 15, 2013

More Celebrations 6/52


Larry and I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary this week.


Of all the things I love about him it’s that he intentionally shares happiness with everyone he meets that really warms my heart and inspires me.I saw this posted on Pinterest and thought of him. It’s how he lives his life.


Here’s to another 21 years of Laughter and Love!

I finished a fun project.



Last Fall I was visiting Cleveland and had the chance to sit in on my friend Dori’s knitting group. What a fun bunch! Anyway they were talking about doing a group project and came up with the idea to each knit a pair of Flying Geese Mitts out of a different color of Cascade 220 yarn. Then they would exchange mitts each taking home a pair made up of two colors. I wasn’t able to make it down for the exchange but I sent my mitts off to be part of the party.

I’m also plugging away on my cardigan and spending a lot of time fretting about the sleeves and how they will be attached. I think I’ll write about it in another post….

I enjoyed finishing up this moccasin sock since it gave me some knitting to do that I didn’t have to fret about.



I used two strands in the toe, heel and sole area which makes for a very cushy sock. I think I’ll be passing these on to David to see how he likes them.

And finally I thought I’d catch you up on the Chickens.



They are getting tired of being cooped up and we’re all getting a little antsy for spring.They have been getting into some mischief  in the barn and love to play in the hay bales. A few weeks back I got a little scare when I went out and one of the Barred Rocks was missing. There was no sign of trouble- no feather-no blood…and the other chickens seemed calm – not disturbed at all. I looked high and low and couldn’t figure out how she might have gotten out of the barn. After about fifteen minutes searching I heard a little rustle from one of the large garbage cans. I have to say I was a little afraid to look inside. I turned it sideways and my missing chicken came walking out like that is just what you do – hang out in the garbage can. I’m glad I found her because I don’t think she could have made it out on her own and she might have suffocated or froze if she had spent the night in there.



Yesterday I went out and there were 7 eggs! That has never happened before. I think one of the Reds must have laid late Wednesday and then laid again Thursday. I told Larry it was like their Valentine’s Day present to us.Hope you had a sweet Valentine's Day. Spring is right around the corner!


No comments: