Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Catching Up On Happy- 52 Weeks of Happy, 4 & 5 /52



My birthday fell smack dab in the middle of a busy week that included a trip home to Cleveland.

Larry started the week off in a very sweet way …



Bringing home a wonderful carrot cake from our local gourmet shop.

I headed home to visit with my Mom. For someone fresh out of the hospital she looks great and we had a really nice time visiting and catching up, and my sister and I had a lovely walk around my old neighborhood.

While I was in Cleveland I worked on another Moccasin Sock …



This time in fingering weight yarn. The whole time I was knitting it I thought it looked huge – but I just plugged away at it- trusting Elizabeth’s instruction. Lo and behold it fit perfectly. I’ve cast on, but haven’t gotten very far on the other half of the pair.

I was a little concerned about heading home in the snow but made it safe and sound.Then Saturday Larry took me out for more birthday celebrating. We headed down to Detroit to my favorite Greek restaurant.



I have a weakness for the flaming cheese…



And dessert was across the street at Astoria.



We always take home a box of goodies all tied up with red string for the next day- that usually means breakfast for me.

Sunday I worked to get the first pattern repeat done on my Aran Cardigan.



It too was looking huge to me even though I did the swatch hat and an extra swatch, which I cut open to measure flat. Well I got it on a “life line” (a piece of yarn threaded through the live stiches) and measured and it seems I have what I was going for. So on with the knitting I can go.

Many many things to be happy about this week- wishing you much happiness too!

No comments: