Thursday, March 28, 2013

Shifting and Sifting


How are you?  I know I’ve been away for a while-



Like Spring that’s been so slow in coming this year, life here has been slowly shifting.Today I realized these paper snowflakes are still on our front window. Maybe if I take them down I’ll coax a thaw.

I think that part of the reason I’ve been so quiet is that since this has been mainly a place to track knitting and fiber related adventures -I have felt a little unfaithful- it seems I’ve spent the last month or so-….sewing.



And I’m enjoying it so much that not much knitting has taken place. I rediscovered how meditative hand stitching is and have reacquainted myself with my Mom’s old Singer.



Sewing lessons back in Jr. High really were worth it Mom. I can still make my way through a simple pattern. I still love hunting for patterns and fabrics just as much as I did back then. What’s been different this time around is that I’ve actually finished some things and even more surprisingly worn them.


So for now my knitting is sitting quietly in the corner.


No comments: