Thursday, August 9, 2012

A New Spot To Sit and Spin


I’ve started trying to pay better attention to my posture while sitting at my wheel - taking frequent breaks so as not to stress my neck or back. I realized that the hard-seated dining room chair I was using just wasn’t comfortable. I spotted this chair at the flea market and thought I’d give it a try. I’m pretty sure it would have been a chair used with a sewing machine – maybe late 50’s early 60’s.



The legs adjust with wing nuts.It’s highest position is a good height for me, and it has just a little padding- which helps.

I love that the seat comes off to reveal a compartment I can stash stuff in- even though I usually don’t stash, but leave things laying about.



I even like the vinyl cover and the brass tacks (I have weird taste).I don’t really like the way I stick to it in the heat we’ve been having though - so I popped a vintage table cloth on it as a makeshift slipcover for now.



 All in all I’m happy with my new spot to sit and spin.

No comments: