Friday, August 10, 2012

Get Away Project


Larz and I are heading north to camp for the weekend. Our favorite stretch of beach here in Michigan runs between Harbor Springs and Petosky .

Tomorrow we’ll take the ferry over to Mackinac Island- a scenic but rather touristy spot - the home of The Grand Hotel.




We visit almost every year as it’s a special spot for us. We met at the hotel twenty two years ago. Larz was the pianist in the hotel orchestra – I was the florist.  Two years latter we married – so that means we’ve been married twenty years now. Wow! Time flies…

I’m taking a little project to work on. THIS fabulous wrap caught my eye on Pintersest. So inspired by Lucy, who was inspired by a pattern in a Japanese knitting book-  


I’ve cobbled together my own flower motif that I’ll crochet  using some of the natural dyed yarn I made a couple of weeks back.Maybe come Fall it'll grow into a wrap.

I’ll share photos from the island and the beach next week. Have a Grand weekend!




No comments: