Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I said I was craving color didn't I?


Things have been crazy busy as a work related project two years in the planning takes place this Saturday. It has been a wild ride and I’ve learned some valuable lessons, but I have to say I’ll be glad when this weekend has come and gone. Also making life interesting…. My laptop died last Tuesday. There was no love lost between us and it has already been replaced. I have switched to a Mac. I’m excited to get started with it but have decided to wait until after this weekend’s event is over to start plowing through the tutorials.

Over on Ravelry I was excited to see a new round of Project Spectrum starting. This is a really fun group where you explore a new color each month. Projects can be big or small and don’t necessarily need to be knitting related. It’s just a chance to stretch yourself creatively and play. Check out Lolly’s blog for more details.

In the spirit of trying something new I started up a Tumblr blog that I’ll be dedicating to Project Spectrum inspiration. You can check it out here.







The Color for May is Red.
So far I can tell you-
I love red, but don’t wear it, except for a favorite pair of red shoes I have.
I had a red PT but I totaled it… in an empty parking lot, against a light pole.
I’m planning on planting my window boxes with red geraniums as soon as it warms up a little and I’m going to make a strawberry rhubarb pie as soon as the rhubarb shoots a little taller.
I’m going to figure out how to choose the perfect red lipstick for me.
I just might finish the reddish “Plain and Simple” T sweater I started last January. The Ultra Alpaca Fine does make a lovely drappy fabric, but that's a lot of knitting….














No comments: