Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

My Beautiful Mom!

To help celebrate Mother’s Day I wanted to share one of my favorite Mom recipes….Sour Cream Coffee Cake. I made this a few weeks ago and the best part - even better than the fact it turned out - was that I needed to call my Mom to ask just what measurement a carton of sour cream was. What I normally buy would be 1 pound or 16 ounces. I thought I remembered she would have bought a smaller container. We had a great conversation and I used the carton I had – almost 2 cups and the cake turned out great. I did hear from a sister latter that the recipe should read 1 cup. So please feel free to experiment. I can tell you the coffee cake I made took me right back to special breakfasts shared with the whole clan. Happy Mother’s day all.



No comments: