Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Staycation

I’m on a mini vacation at home this week. My husband starts a new job on Monday and we decided to hang out together, putter around, take a long drive, lunch at the lake and enjoy the tropical weather that has shown up all of a sudden. I’m also playing around with some art journaling.


I saw a great idea for making your own journal on Diana Trout’s blog. Diana’s book “Journal Spilling” is one of my favorites, and the directions for this Duck Tape journal can be found there as well. I love Diana’s voice both literally and figuratively. In her book she describes her journal pages like this… “It is Wabi-sabi; beautiful and dying; ugly and alive; a perfect vessel with a crack. It has a true deep beauty like a woman over 50.” Love That!


I picked up some Tie Dye patterned DUCK Tape and rubber bands this morning at our “everything store”. I dug out some old cardboard shirt inserts, a piece of beautiful junk mail from the Cleveland Institute of Art, some 9x12 watercolor paper, and went to town. I sealed my cover art with some matte medium and I’m good to go.

This would be such a fun project to do with some kids (or other fun loving adults) this summer… can’t wait to get sketching away in my new journal!

No comments: