Monday, February 7, 2011

Brace Yourself


I know this will be a shock to many of you.
I’m knitting and it’s not Fair Isle.
It's stripes.
I’m knitting Tempest http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring08/PATTtempest.html

Ann Weaver is so great at writing instructions. They are a breeze to follow. So far – so good- Jury is still out on a sweater with negative ease on me. We’ll see…



Shadow kept me company while I pinned out the pieces. He has such nice manners. He never steps on the blocking board. (hope you don’t notice the dust on the base of the lamp)
















I’m using Berroco’s Ultra Alpaca Fine color 1285 and Araucania sock yarn in color 311. Lots of tiny stitches to end up with a sweater big enough for me, but tiny stitches don’t scare me. I’ve enjoyed the time.

How do I spend it…thinking of the colors I see in the yarn and what they remind me of…

This blue, turquoise, with flecks of red- brown make me think about Petoskey where we camp- the dunes and the water...



Copper in rock...
















Or Blue Birds that flock to the juniper outside my kitchen window after the berries have frozen. I’ve heard the berries get sweeter after they freeze. (these Bluebirds are from the Washinton Dept. of Fish and Wildlife site- my camera skills aren't this good)










Do you let your mind wander when you knit?

Something else I’ve been thinking about- buttons.
I saw this and can’t resist. I’ll be trying my hand at making some tiny buttons for my Tempest. I’ll keep you posted on how they turn out. The button in the sidebar over on the right will take you to this neat button class.




No comments: