Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Quick Cover-Up


Such a special weekend – I headed home for family celebrations!
I had decided I wanted to wear a favorite sundress but wanted a little sweater to wear over it.

Ysolda’s Liesl popped into my mind. I settled on Lion Brand Cotton Ease. When all was said and done this little cover-up cost less than $10.00 and took less than a week for me to finish!



I was familiar with the pattern from knitting it a few years back.Ravelry Project Page I had made a few sketchy notes that really helped.  I cast on a smaller size since a little negative ease helps to show off the lace.

For those of us with "mature" arms – casting on an extra 12 stitches at the underarms makes for a more comfortable fit.



On this cotton version I tried to keep in mind how the weight of the fabric would affect the length.  I was shooting for something in-between cropped and hip length. I also wanted the sleeves above the elbow. The body is 14 repeats of the pattern and the sleeves have 7 repeats.

I found these vintage buttons at our local Junque Shop.



Finishing the sleeves and the hem with the picot bind off Ysolda recommends ads just the right flourish.

If you are looking for some instant gratification knitting I highly recommend a Liesl!

*Photos courtesy my talented niece Madeleine.


No comments: