Thursday, February 9, 2012

field trip

 My favorite lunch spot is the French Laundry in Fenton- just south of where we live. One draw has always been the legendary breads and pastries they bring in from Zingerman’s down in Ann Arbor. Well the folks at the Laundry have just opened their own bakehouse called Crust. I’m going to miss my Zingerman’s fix, but wanted to give the new place a shot so I drove down to check it out. The long yellow awning makes it easy to spot on Caroline Street. The front of the building features big picture windows where you can watch the bakers at work. There is a counter inside where you can stand and eat but it’s really more a bakery atmosphere



I bought a beautiful seeded loaf, and a peanut butter glazed brioche donut with a four-berry jam filling. 




This donut was worth every calorie! I know I’ll be heading back first warm spring day. I’ll pick up a sandwich and head to the park for a picnic…perhaps the fig spread, gorgonzola and prosciutto on sour dough…

No comments: