Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ravelympic Victory (and a special offer)

It was so like me…knitting away into Sunday evening’s closing ceremony. I often find the task at hand fills the amount of time I have allotted. Give me two weeks - it’ll take two weeks, give me a year - it’ll take a year. Keep it open- ended and well it just may never get completed. Hey I think I just figured out my affinity for the WIP-to avoid stockpiling them I’ll need to establish some kind of deadline. It needs to be fun some how though. Hmmmmmm- when project Spectrum starts up again I may spin some of my WIPS through that cycle.

A lesson learned….

When accessing “ muscle memory” (I think I heard Dave Costas use that term) remember to access the correct memory and appropriate muscle. While cabling got more comfortable as I went along- I never let myself fall into a false sense of security. I knew I couldn’t risk having to do too much tinking. Just wasn't up to the level of trusting that muscle memory.

All in all I’m really pleased with the way the wrap turned out. Love the yarn even though it may – hate to use this word- shed. I wear black and I’ve noticed bits of the linen left behind- sigh….but I’m wearing the wrap anyway. It’s just the right thing for running around in a building that's not heated fully during the week. I think if I were going to knit it again I’d give it three smaller buttons. The button closure is genius though! It really does read vest or cardigan when you look at it on.


OK so here’s my offer – if you’d like to try this yarn – Cascade Yarn’s Rustic (79% wool, 21% linen) post a comment. On Friday I’ll put the names in David’s Olympic hat and draw the lucky winner. I’ll send you my left over Rustic- a full skein (balled)- Plus an extra PRIZE ball from my stash.

Off to jog my Victory Lap---Next up some Spring color for my beret sample…

5 comments:

Sweetaimee81 said...

Sure I would love to try it! I love the way it turned out. Looks great good job. Hope you love it as much as I love mine :)

Skwim said...

You deserve a Victory Lap!!! That's a great looking wrap.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I did 3 cabling projects for the games and I think I was doing them in my sleep at the end :)

Jolene

Katie said...

This is beautiful! Congratulations on your successful Olympic knitting. You've inspired me want the moose hat too:-)

Kym said...

I love it! It looks wonderful on you. I SO want to make one for myself. . . but after all of my moss stitch during the Olympics, I can't bear anything textured for a while.