Monday, March 15, 2010

Might As Well Be Spring

Our weather has been almost too good to be true. Spring like temperatures in early March- in Michigan…..unbelievable. Thinking about this time last year I remembered the wonderful time I had joining in with the fun and wonder of exploring color with the members of Project Spectrum. I read that Lolly is thinking about a June start this year and that it may last a whole year. I remembered I took this photo of the first crocus pushing its way up. It was March 6th.


You gotta love a crocus. They look so fragile but are so tough. I’ve been thinking a lot about that dichotomy lately. I pondered it while I read that Kate Davies of Needled has had a stroke. And now checking in on her weekend posts that speak to her strength in the face of the tremendous challenge, her grit and pluck, courage and humor… are truly inspiring.


I spent last week knitting myself into a spring mood by choosing spring like colors for a tam . The colors will remind me of the crocus that appeared again this year. Daring to bloom first despite the inevitable chance of more snow before spring really arrives.



2 comments:

Sweetaimee81 said...

Looks great. We have the same crazy weather thing in minnesota. It has been in the 60s!!! No one at the park had jackets yesterday. I am waiting for the late march snowstorm.

Kym said...

Love the colors. Perfect. And you're so right -- there is something really inspiring about a crocus blooming through the snow piles.