Friday, December 25, 2009

It was a cozy family Christmas.


What a lovely Christmas we had!
Larry has a new kitten that he has named Shadow.
Luigi and Mario aren't quite sure what to think about the new family member. David has a new graphic pad for his computer that he has been longing for, and I was gifted with two new lamps to help with the knitting in the coming dark winter months. Now I'll be able to sit in the living room or bedroom and knit away. The new living room room lamp is an Ott Light and I'm anxious to see if it lives up to its reputation.
We had a nice walk out back even in the drizzle. The outside cat now follows along like he's one of the dogs. (he really needs a name- but I hate to get too attached) Wood was split and a cozy fire enjoyed.
I cast on for the Every Way Wrap from the Fall Interweave Knits. The yarn is a blend of linen and wool in a colorway called Rustic Pebble, purchased during last summer's camping trip up North. It will surely remind me of of the beach in Petoskey- a quietly beautiful place.
You can see the wrap on Ravelry here...
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/every-way-wrap

No comments: