Monday, January 9, 2012

Global Warming? Make Mitts




We really are having the strangest weather. Way warmer than usual for January in Michigan. No snow to speak of since the first snow back in November. (That's it pictured above). Most folks seem to be quite happy about this. Me- I like to bundle up and as long as I don't have to go far I love snow and cold weather. I'm not saying I'm not happy....I'm just missing my winter.


So I guess its not strange that this has been the "Winter of the Mitt"around here- seeing you really can get away without proper mittens. This "Winter of the Mitt" thing started out quit innocently with flip-top mittens for a nephew. Click here for this great, free Mitt Pattern by Christina Williams. Then that pattern (minus the flip top) was requested by David and before I knew it six pairs in all different colors had been knit and dispersed to cousins and friends.

Mary Jane Mucklestone has posted a free pattern for some color work mitts featuring a pattern from her new book "200 Fair Isle Motifs". (Visit Mary Jane here.) I highly recommend the book and the mitts! What can I say... I'm a BIG Mucklestone fan. Jump over to Mary Jane's site before January 16th to get your free copy. I whipped these up for my sister Jenny's birthday.







I still have a little more mitten knitting to do then back to dreaming of snow and new sweater projects.

No comments: